When you need to print multiple variable codes across the web on a horizontal or vertical packaging machine, Greydon's servo-controlled traversing systems are an excellent way to achieve this.
The systems are compatible with both continuous inkjet (CIJ) and thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers and print during the dwell part of the parent machine cycle.
Greydon traverse systems can be fitted with one or more printheads.
In addition to manufacturing traversing systems for printers, Greydon also builds engineered mounting solutions to integrate inkjet and TTO printers with flexible packaging equipment.
Features and Benefits
- Greydon traverse systems minimize the number of printheads that are needed to print multiple packages.
- The servo drives for both x and y (if used) axis ensure accurate print positioning on every package.
- For harsh environments, such as those found in protein processing plants, washdown options are available.
- Traversing systems are compatible with both thermal inkjet (TIJ) and continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers.
- An ideal solution for customers needing to upgrade from maintenance-intensive legacy printing systems.
- Your customers demand you improve your product date coding.
- Downtime from legacy printing systems is hurting your gross margins.
- Print solutions from Greydon allow your staff to install modern coding equipment without disrupting your production while improving your date coding quality and the image of your products.
- Greydon traversing systems, combined with ID Technology and Code Tech printers, eliminate much of the downtime associated with older legacy printers.
This helps with the efficiency of your packaging lines and helps maintain your margins.
- The need to constantly improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Ensure compliance requirements for date and production coding are met.
- The need to upgrade processes without disrupting production.
- Greydon traversing systems, integrated with TIJ or CIJ printheads, minimize the number of printers needed to print multiple packages - reducing complexity and maintenance, and leading to more efficient operation.
- Adding modern coding systems to your packaging line, provides better quality prin
- Genesis enables late-stage customization - you print the packaging material right at the time of packaging, ensuring there is no surplus inventory and you always use the current, approved version.
Operators & Technicians
- Many packaging machines are complicated and time-consuming to set up, causing frustrations for everyone on the packaging line.
- Management tends to pressure you to reduce downtime constantly.
- Greydon traversing systems use a simple touch-screen HMI with setup recipes to make product changeovers as simple and fast as possible.
- Because our traversing systems reduce the number of printheads needed, there are fewer calls for human intervention and maintenance to keep everything working well.
Contact a Greydon Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact a Greydon account manager today to learn how our innovative printing solutions will increase your efficiency and packaging line performance.