Direct, Precise, and Fast Printing for Multiple Packages Across the Web.
The TPM Series is the new generation of Graydon's traversing thermal transfer printer. Usually installed onto a horizontal form, fill and seal (HFFS) machine, this versatile system prints text, linear and 2D codes, compliance logos, and graphics at 300 DPI.
During the dwell part of the machine cycle, the TPM printer traverses across the web, printing as it moves.
Simpler to set up and operate compared to previous generations, the TPM also features a new 7" touch screen and larger ribbon capacity to provide more prints before replenishment is needed.
Features and Benefits
- Print widths up to 5 inches wide and max traverse of up to 25 inches.
- Innovative split platen for printing multiple packs in each printer pass.
- Simple to use, color touch-screen HMI
- The printer can be integrated into a mobile cart system to remove from washdown areas.
- Prints graphics, barcodes and text at 300 dpi.
- Can be integrated with all brands of horizontal form-fill-seal and thermoforming equipment.
- You notice that downtime caused by legacy printing systems is having a negative effect on your margins.
- As a company, you want to become more efficient, introducing lean manufacturing and other techniques.
- The operations staff report that your existing printing systems struggle with keeping up with regulatory requirements.
- Installing a Greydon TPM printer can help make your packaging operations more efficient, replacing multiple legacy printheads.
- In many cases, the Greydon TPM printers can allow the use of generic printed materials, printing product-specific information online. This can help with lean manufacturing and late-stage customization.
- The TPM system can print barcodes, text, compliance logos, nutrition panels and more - allowing full compliance with customer and regulatory needs.
- Legacy printers with high maintenance demands are reducing your line's productivity.
- You want to avoid using multiple printers to add information across your packaging material.
- Your current printers need solvents and other chemicals, which are becoming increasingly difficult to manage.
- The TPM printer is designed to be able to handle the conditions found on modern packaging lines. If harsh conditions cause some of your maintenance problems, Greydon printers can be supplied with environmental enclosures for washdown situations.
- The TPM printhead traverses across your machine, printing multiple packages as it moves. Just one device to manage.
- Thermal transfer ribbons used on the TPM printer do not require any special handling by your team.
Operators & Technicians
- Many packaging machines are complicated and time-consuming to set up, causing frustrations for everyone on the packaging line.
- Management tends to pressure you to reduce downtime constantly.
- When your company installs a Greydon inline printer, setups become simple because you can recall all the settings on the touch-screen HMI.
- Because the TPM operates during the machine cycle dwell period, it does not affect output rates. In addition, the ribbon rolls are fast and easy to replenish. The TPM needs minimal invention by operators or maintenance, keep downtime to a minimum.
Contact a Greydon Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact a Greydon account manager today to learn how our innovative printing solutions will increase your efficiency and packaging line performance.