The Variis is a digital inkjet printer designed to be integrated with carton and card feeders and other packaging equipment.
A fully digital workflow with no printing plates required means Genesis Variis is an excellent solution for multiple SKUs and short runs – reducing changeover time and increasing OEE.
The versatile Variis system can be configured with a single 73mm wide printhead and can also be built with multi-color CMYK capability for full color printing.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to integrate carton and card feeders as well as other packaging machines.
- Variis can be configured with single-color, two-color or full CMYK capability.
- Prints a full range of barcodes as well as text and graphics.
- UV Cured inks produce excellent, durable print on a wide range of both porous and non-porous materials.
- Easy to use, full-function touch-screen HMI
- You need to produce better profitability continuously.
- As a company, you want to become more efficient, introducing lean manufacturing and other techniques.
- Occasionally, production is disrupted due to the late delivery of customized packaging materials.
- Installing a Greydon Variis printer can help make your packaging operations more efficient, improving productivity and margins by eliminating the need to purchase, store and manage preprinted packaging.
- A Greydon Genesis printer can address many of the wastes of lean manufacturing, such as overproduction, excess movement and inventories.
- Using the Genesis printer on your packaging line allows your staff to order plain, unprinted materials, which is much simpler (and less prone to disruption) than managing multiple SKUs of preprinted materials.
- The need to constantly improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
- You need to be able to print high-quality barcodes, text or graphics for FDA or retail compliance, including the new GS1 Digital Link barcodes.
- Managing artwork changes and updates can be complicated and often involves having to dispose of surplus inventories of outdated materials.
- The Variis printer often means that there is no need to change packaging material when changing jobs. This makes setups faster and reduces the need to move materials to and from the storage area.
- The all-digital workflow that Variis enables makes regulatory and retail compliance easy to achieve, with excellent barcode and print quality.
- Variis enables late-stage customization - you print the packaging material right at the time of packaging, ensuring there is no surplus inventory and you always use the current, approved version.
Operators & Technicians
- Many packaging machines are complicated and time-consuming to set up, causing frustrations for everyone on the packaging line.
- Management tends to pressure you to reduce downtime constantly.
- When your company installs a Greydon inline printer, setups become simple because you often don't need to change the packaging material for each new product, and the simple HMI makes it easy and fast to get running for the next job.
- A Variis printer means that materials do not always have to be retrieved from storage and replaced at the end of a production run. This saves time (avoiding downtime) and makes reconciling materials much easier and faster.
Contact a Greydon Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact a Greydon account manager today to learn how our innovative printing solutions will increase your efficiency and packaging line performance.