Engineered for the demands of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries, this compact, all-in-one, digital inkjet system prints at the highest resolutions while keeping pace with the industry’s fastest packaging machines.
Traversing and inline printing capabilities, versatile mounting options and scalable design allow for a seamless integration in every application.
Genesis provides excellent print quality on a range of packaging substrates. Designed to print the complete package, manufacturers can eliminate or dramatically reduce the need to manage pre-printed materials for every item (SKU). This enables lean manufacturing and late-stage customization.
A fully digital workflow with no printing plates required means Genesis is an excellent solution for multiple SKUs and short runs – reducing changeover time and increasing OEE.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to integrate with thermoforming and horizontal form-fill-seal machines.
- Genesis can be configured with single-color, two-color or full CMYK capability.
- Greydon's WebShift system controls the feed of the sealing web - keeping the print in perfect registration and removing stress on the parent machine.
- Ideal for printing the variable data and barcodes needed for FDA UDI and DSCSA compliance.
- Supports GS1 and HIBCC barcode formats.
- UV Cured inks produce excellent, durable print on a wide range of substrates.
- Available in both intermittent (prints when the web is stationary) and continuous motion versions.
- Integrated full-function HMI - can also be mounted remotely.
- You need to produce better profitability continuously.
- As a company, you want to become more efficient, introducing lean manufacturing and other techniques.
- Occasionally, production is disrupted due to the late delivery of customized packaging materials.
- Installing a Greydon Genesis printer can help make your packaging operations more efficient, improving productivity and margins by eliminating the need to purchase, store and manage preprinted packaging.
- A Greydon Genesis printer can address many of the wastes of lean manufacturing, such as overproduction, excess movement and inventories.
- Using the Genesis printer on your packaging line allows your staff to order plain, unprinted materials, which is much simpler (and less prone to disruption) than managing multiple SKUs of preprinted materials.
- The need to constantly improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Ensure compliance requirements for UDI or DSCSA are met, including printing the correct GS1 Datamatrix barcodes as required by the standards.
- Managing artwork changes and updates can be complicated and often involves having to dispose of surplus inventories of outdated materials.
- The Genesis printer often means that there is no need to change the roll of packaging material when changing jobs. This makes setups faster and reduces the need to move rolls of material to and from the storage area.
- The all-digital workflow that Genesis enables makes regulatory compliance easy to achieve, regardless of whether you use GS1 or HIBCC standards.
- Genesis enables late-stage customization - you print the packaging material right at the time of packaging, ensuring there is no surplus inventory and you always use the current, approved version.
Operators & Technicians
- Many packaging machines are complicated and time-consuming to set up, causing frustrations for everyone on the packaging line.
- Management tends to pressure you to reduce downtime constantly.
- When your company installs a Greydon inline printer, setups become simple because you often don't need to change the roll of packaging material for each new product.
- A Genesis printer means that cumbersome rolls of material do not always have to be retrieved from storage and replaced at the end of a production run. This saves time (avoiding downtime) and makes reconciling materials much easier and faster.
Contact a Greydon Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact a Greydon account manager today to learn how our innovative printing solutions will increase your efficiency and packaging line performance.